Important Points on Expressions, Equations and Inequalities
- There are various types of terms that are involved in an expression. Such as: constant, variables, terms and so on.
- Constant is a numerical value that is fixed in an expression.
- A symbol that does not have a fixed value is known as a variable.
- A single variable, or a combination of variables, and a constant that is combined either with division or multiplication is known as a term in expressions, equations, and inequalities.
Expressions, Equations and Inequalities 6th grade Examples
- Is 2 a solution to this equation : 5x + 14 = 24.
Equation = 5x + 14 = 24.
On substituting the value of x by 2.
5 * 2 + 14 = 24
10 + 14 = 24
24 = 24.
Yes! 2 is a solution to this equation.
- Is 5 a solution to this equation : 4x + 20 = 50.
Equation = 4x + 20 = 50
On substituting the value of x by 5.
4 * 5 + 20 = 50
20 + 20 = 50
40 ≠ 50.
Hey teachers, if you are looking for unit tests, activities, worksheets, quizzes, practice test papers that are suitable for 6th grade math, here's the compilation of lessons suitable for 6th grade to share with your students.