Teaching Solving Equations Easily
Things to keep in mind while solving equations unit worksheet:
- Firstly, in a parenthesis, apply the distributive property in the given equation.
- Secondly, combine all the like terms.
- Now, collect all the like terms on one side of the equation.
- Lastly, isolate the variable using inverse operations.
Here is an example of how to solve the equation problem.
Assume Tom is six years younger than Sam. After 10 years, the sum of their ages is 36. Then how old is Sam now?
Step 1: Let Sam’s age be x years old. Then Tom’s age = x - 6 years. After 10 years, the sum of their ages is 36. i.e.,
(x + 10) + (x - 6 + 10) = 36
Step 2: Combine similar terms.
2x + 14 = 36
On removing 14 from both sides,
The result is that 2x = 12
Dividing both sides by 2,
Thus, Sam's age now is 6 years old.
Why Should You Use Solving Equation Worksheets for Your Students?
- These worksheets provide opportunities for your students to solve multi-step word problems using variables, coefficients, and constants.
- Solving these worksheets will help students strengthen basic skills like multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, division, BODMAS, etc.
Download Solving Equation Unit Worksheet PDFs.
You can download and print these equation worksheets in pdf here for your students.