Important Points on Solving Equations
There are various types of terms that are involved in an equation. Such as: constants, variables, terms, and so on.
- Constant is a numerical value that is fixed in an equation.
- A symbol that does not have a fixed value is known as a variable.
- A single variable, or a combination of variables, and a constant that is combined either with division or multiplication is known as a term.
Solving Equations Examples
- Is 3 a solution to this equation : 4x + 14 = 24.
Equation = 4x + 14 = 24.
On substituting the value of x by 3.
4 * 3 + 14 = 24
12 + 14 = 24
26 > 24.
No! 3 is a not a solution to this equation and is unequal.
- Is 4 a solution to this equation : 4x + 20 = 50.
Equation = 4x + 20 = 50
On substituting the value of x by 4.
4 * 4 + 20 = 50
16 + 20 = 50
36 ≠ 50.
Hey teachers, if you are looking for unit tests, activities, worksheets, quizzes, practice test papers that are suitable for your students to practice, here's the compilation of suitable lessons to share with your students.